Running Out of Energy!

Hi everybody, as some of you guys already know the world is running out of fossil fuels. Fossil fuels like coal are getting hard to find because the world is using them faster than they can be produced.:( But people are coming up with better ways to generate energy without using coal or nonrenewable sources. Here are some of those ideas. 🙂

The first alternative energy resource is called nuclear energy. Nuclear energy works by a process called fission. Fission is the splitting of atoms to release energy. About 15 percent of the world’s energy is created with nuclear power plants. Some nations like Lithuania, France, and Slovakia get almost all of their electricity from nuclear power plants!

My second energy source is solar energy! Lots of you probably already know about solar energy. Solar energy is when you harness the sun’s energy and use it for electricity.Solar energy is harnessed with solar panels. But solar energy only works when the sun is shining, so we wouldn’t be able to use it at night. All in all I think that solar energy is probably the best alternative energy source to use and it could really help the world. 🙂

My third and final energy source is wind and water turbines. Most of you have probably seen wind turbines around. (windmills) Although water turbines are not as common they are both very efficient. Wind and water turbines both use currents to create energy.(wind and water currents) The only bad thing about this idea is that when the wind isn’t blowing very hard we won’t have as much energy to use.

I hope the world uses at least one of these alternative energy resources instead of coal and in the future. And how can you work to save and conserve energy?

5 Comments

on “Running Out of Energy!
5 Comments on “Running Out of Energy!
  1. I really enjoyed reading your blog post. I like how you you stated your sources and talked about saving our energy. We should all look forward too using your type of energy. Which is Solar. I enjoyed it.

2. Hi Sabine, my name is Ashley, and I’m from Mrs.Rombach’s class. I really like your background! I agree that we should save energy.

Visit my blog at: slippinsnowleopards.edublogs.org

3. I agree with you. Fossil fuels are very bad for the environment and we are using them up really fast. But did you know that there are batteries that store solar energy for the night? It is really cool.